Load and Help 2012 ends with a great result
Load and Help 2012, SoftMaker’s charity campaign, ends with a great result: 44955 people have downloaded SoftMaker FreeOffice and are now happy users of a powerful and free office suite for Windows and Linux.
At the same time, all participants have done good: As SoftMaker pledged 10 Euro cents for every download, the campaign brought donations of € 4495.50 to charity and aid projects around the world. SoftMaker works with the renowned charity platform betterplace.org which ensures that 100% of the donations reach the needy.
In parallel, we ran a second campaign. All SoftMaker products were discounted by 30% until Christmas Eve. But there’s a twist: Every customer could decide how the discount was handled:
- One could keep the discount for himself or herself.
- Or one could donate it in full to charity projects.
- Or one could split it: keep half, donate the other half.
Here is how our customers decided:
- 52.7% kept the discount for themselves.
- 33.4% donated half of the discount.
- 13.9% donated the discount in full.
We say a big thank-you to all those customers who parted with half of the discount or even the full amount. Those customers forwent real money to help others.
The total donation result of the discount campaign is € 1280.50.
Let’s count the donations…
The donations add up as follows:
- € 4495.50 from Load and Help 2012
- € 1280.50 from the discount campaign
- € 100.00 from a private donor living in Northern Germany
- € 20.00 from a private donor living in Switzerland
- Sum of donations: € 5896.00 that do good around the world
We forwarded the donations to the following projects:
- Building of a kindergartens in Tanzania
- Medical aid program for children in Nepal
- Microloans for solar lamps in Liberia
- Microloans for Mexican corn farmers
- Microloans for coffee planters in Ivory Coast
- Training of Ugandian women for starting their own business
- Microloans for business start-ups in Peru
- Microloans for women in Nicaragua
- Microloans for solar lamps in Togo
(Unfortunately, many of the project descriptions above are only in German.)
We hope that you agree with our choice of projects.
Happy Holidays to everyone reading this!
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.