Initial issues

rjljp

Initial issues

Post by rjljp »

I installed the Beta on a MacBook Air (M1) running macOS 13.3.1.

When entering the product key, the cursor did not appear to indicate the location to enter the key. The same issue occurred when attempting to enter the user information. This occurred when using both the trackpad and a mouse.

When trying to modify the default font in TextMaker I received an error message "unable to open file".

I then went to the SoftMaker folder in documents to open Normal.tmvx and discovered all the folders, except for settings, were empty. I assume the files were not downloaded/installed.

I realize this is a private beta, but at this point SoftMaker Office 2024 for Mac is unusable for me.

I will delete it and wait for the next version.
KevanB

Re: Initial issues

Post by KevanB »

Using a Mac Mini (M1). Beta allowed me to cut and paste my product key from the original email. Then offered a restart, spreadsheet save option and restarted with product key added.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your post. Please update your SoftMaker Office Beta and then check this again.

If the problem persists, please share your sminfo.txt file.
rjljp

Post by rjljp »

I reinstalled the beta, but the same issues remain.

cursor does not appear when entering user information and product key (which was copied from the original email received).

more importantly, same file folders remain empty.

I was not able to find sminfo.txt on my computer. Where would it normally be located?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Did you download the software again from the link given in the email, or installed from the previously downloaded file?
rjljp

Post by rjljp »

Downloaded again from the link in the email.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for information. Please open your system settings > Privacy and security > Files and folders > please check if, for all three apps, permission is granted or not.
rjljp

Post by rjljp »

PlanMaker NX is listed with access to Documents Folder. TexMaker NX is listed with access to Documents Folder. Presentations NX is not listed.
rjljp

Post by rjljp »

After my last post I realized that, after issues with the TextMaker NX and PlanMaker NX betas, I had not opened the Presentations NX beta.

I have now done so and the Presentations NX beta is listed with access to Documents Folder.
rjljp

Post by rjljp »

Just installed the new beta build and the same issues remain.

All the folders under Documents/SoftMaker, except for Settings, are empty.
raitis.veksejs
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by raitis.veksejs »

If there is no folder for Settings under Documents/SoftMaker it is obviously a problem of permissions for SoftMaker Office apps. See the screenshot.
Attachments
Permissions.png
rjljp

Post by rjljp »

Perhaps I was unclear.

PlanMaker NX, Presentations NX and TextMaker NX all have Documents Folder access in Privacy & Security/Files and Folders.

The issue with the 2nd beta install is the same as with the 1st beta:

All the folders, in Documents /SoftMaker except Settings, are empty. I assume the files were not downloaded/installed.

So, the Settings folder contains files. The Bullets, hunspell, PlanMaker NX templates, Presentations NX designs, and TexMaker NX templates folders are all empty, i.e. contain no files.
raitis.veksejs
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by raitis.veksejs »

This problem has been solved and shouldn't occur anymore if you have installed SoftMaker Office rev.1109.

If it still occurs, please send us a log file sminfo.txt that can be created using the menu item ?>About... and pressing the button "Write system information". After that file can be found in the folder Users/<UserProfile>/Documents/SoftMaker/

You can send it to our e-mail forum [at] softmaker.com including a link to this forum post.
rjljp

Post by rjljp »

The issue is resolved.

I initially installed the beta on a machine which did not have SoftMaker Office installed.

I uninstalled the beta, installed Office 2021 and then reinstalled the beta - the beta installed as expected.

Return to “BETA SoftMaker Office 2024 for Mac (general)”