Quirk entering dates when year not specified

nicholassmall

Quirk entering dates when year not specified

Post by nicholassmall »

In previous versions of PlanMaker, when entering dates for the current year into preformatted cells (the formats I checked were yyyy/mm/dd and dd/mm/yyyy) it was only necessary to enter the dd/mm part (or dd-mm), the year defaulting to the current one.
For the most part, this still applies in PlanMaker 2024; however, if one is using "/" to separate day and month, for the first day of months 2, 3, 4, and 8 the value displayed is the corresponding fraction, e.g. ½; if "-" is used to separate day and month, the display is as expected.
Attachments
test2124dates.xlsx
(6.04 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
Devonboy78

Re: Quirk entering dates when year not specified

Post by Devonboy78 »

If you enter 1/2 then it returns the fraction as you state but if you enter the date as 01/02 then PlanmakerNX or Planmaker 2024 inserts the date correctly. As you noted the format you have was yyyy/mm/dd so Planmaker looks for the data to be four digits for year, 2 digits for month and 2 digits for day. Entering less digits than expected gives unusual results for instance entering 23/09/01 gives a result of 2001/09/23 and entering 230/09/01 returns 230/09/01.
Therefore in Planmaker 2024 and Planmaker NX you must input the required number of digits specified in your formatting of the cells. Personally I had never noticed it as I've always entered dates with 2 digits for day or month though I have checked and Planmaker 2021 did allow you to enter 2/3, 1/2 etc and converted those to dates
I assume that Planmaker NX and Planmaker 2024 don't allow this in order to avoid people incorrectly entering a fraction instead of a date though it does mean a little extra typing on input.

Return to “PlanMaker NX and 2024 for Windows”